Sunday, November 17, 2013

grow with me?



Welcome to the first post of jess next door.

I'm not sure about this title. Or how to punctuate it. 

Jess, next door.

Jess, next door?

Jess. Next door.

?

I do hope to convey approachability and ordinariness, because that is what I have to offer here. I've been thinking about blogging for an embarrassingly long time without doing it. I am inspired by the blogging community and the women and men who have allowed us to glimpse their lives here.

I have quietly listened to your voices and watched your lives and marveled as friendships have blossomed and communities have taken shape. I have tried your recipes and home remedies and make up tips. I have cried about births and lost pregnancies, house fires and reunion stories.  I have had my faith encouraged and my thinking changed. I have even engaged by making the occasional comment, but mostly I have remained a spectator. And I'd like to come to the party.

What I will share here is still taking shape. I am a wobbly photographer, a deficient crafter and I never dust. I am an ordinary neighbor, ordinary thinker, ordinary cook, ordinary friend. Expert at nothing. But I'd like to be here anyway. Maybe you'll join me as I grow?

I'm the ordinary girl next door. And my name is Jess.

2 comments:

  1. This is like my early Christmas present. Such a writer you are already! OBSESSED with the header. I like simply, "Jess next door," like, "Girl next door". Just be you! That's what everyone loves. Let your light shine, shug! I can't waittttttttttttt to read more. :) Love, SIB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the most encouraging person ever. Thanks for being such an inspiration, friend and constant source of hilarity.

      Delete